Custom Roman Shades and Blinds
Few window treatments are as timeless or have as rich a history as Roman shades. In ancient Rome, giant swatches of fabric used to be pulled across the Roman Colosseum to cover the spectators. These sail-like awnings could shield from the sun or be drawn back into neat folds at the edges of the arena. The same concept of soft fabric folds is still present in the Roman shades of today. At DrapeStyle, we create fully customized Roman blinds that are just as beautiful in a contemporary home as their predecessor were in Rome.
Roman shades are known for their elegant lines and crisp, clean look. They raise and lower smoothly and gather beautifully at the top of your window when open. Each of our Roman blinds is made to order in our studio. With over 400 fabric options and widths and lengths up to 96”, you are sure to find exactly what you are looking for in our selection. Beyond just the materials, you can also select a folding style and add a light-filtering or room-darkening liner. You can even select inside or outside mounting and choose to place the pull cord on the left or right.
We have over 400 different designer fabrics to choose from, and you can select from three different materials. Each of our Roman curtains offers UV protection, light control, and an elevated style. Choose from silk, cotton, or linen for the main fabric of your shade and customize from there.
These stunning shades are made from Dupioni Silk, which is one of the most popular types of silk in the world. Dupioni silk Roman curtains feature an iridescent dual shade weave imported from India and harvested from interlocked or double cocooned silkworms. This unique shimmer makes these custom Roman shades particularly eye-catching. You can choose from 40 different stunning shades of Dupioni silk.
Roman blinds made from our contemporary cotton fabrics are light and smooth. Choose from several different print styles, including a geometric gate and the beautiful postcard. Providing privacy and a more modern feel, these Roman curtains are also easy to care for and simple to clean. The same stunning fabric collection is also available in our custom drapes, allowing you to create a layered look for your windows.
Roman curtains made from our linen fabric collection are another beautiful natural choice. Linen has been around even longer than Roman shades have and is one of the most popular fabric window treatment options. Natural linen features a hollow construction and works great as an all-season fabric. These Roman blinds will keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Choose from a selection of solid colors or patterns.
Roman Shade Styles
We offer five different styles for our Roman shades. Each of the styles provides different lines and a unique aesthetic. They are available with all our custom Roman shades, whether you have chosen silk, cotton, or linen.
- Flat Style Roman Shade - This style is the cleanest and most traditional. It works great for layering underneath custom drapes.
- Pleated Style Roman Shade - This style features overlapping 4–5-inch pleats. You can choose a functional shade or a decorative shade that remains fixed in position.
- Cascade Roman Shade Style - Constructed of evenly spaced horizontal pockets, this shade offers a flat tailored front when closed and beautiful folds of fabric when open.
- Relaxed Style Roman Shade - This style adds a sophisticated softness with a relaxed seam at the bottom of the blind. Roman curtains like this are a great choice in a contemporary home.
- London Style Roman Shade - This style is gathered on the sides to create a very classic elegant blind. The balloon shape formed at the bottom of the shade evokes the feel of a lavish ballroom. This style is also available as a functional blind or as an immobile decorative option.
From sea to shining sea, DrapeStyle is the premier supplier of window treatments across the United States. All of our window treatment options are fully customized. The customer selects the color and fabric combinations, chooses the fold and pleat styles, and provides the exact width and height measurements needed. We offer customized silk drapes, linen drapes, cotton drapes, designer drapes, outdoor drapes, sheers, and roman shades. We also carry curtain rods, tassels, tiebacks, and even customized pillows. Lovingly crafted in Maryland, our entire collection is available across the entire United States. Contact us for a consultation and let us help you find the drapes of your dreams.