Custom Made Sheer Drapery
Whether you are looking for the classic sheer or a more modern style, we have plenty to choose from. If you don't see exactly what you are looking for please call one of our Designers who will be happy to help you select the perfect sheer fabric.
Custom Made Sheer Drapery
Sheer curtains and drapery have often been considered old-fashioned, but these beautiful flowing window treatments will never go out of style. Sheer shades are different from any of the window treatments we offer at DrapeStyle, and there are many reasons that sheer drapes are right for your home.
The biggest benefit of sheers is that they add softness to your rooms. These curtains gently diffuse sunlight streaming through your windows. The diffused light is less harsh on your eyes and less damaging to furniture, paint, and decor. Along with gently softening the light, they also soften the view. If you have a window that isn’t great to look out, or one you’d prefer people had a harder time seeing in, but you want the natural light, sheers are a perfect middle ground.
Another difference between sheers and other drapery is the weight of the fabric. While most of the drapes we offer are medium or even heavyweight, all of our sheers are flowing and lightweight. This affords them a poetry of motion that you won’t experience with other drapery. These sheer shades will wave and dance when a breeze comes through your window and create stunning shapes when gathered open.
Sheer drapes aren’t even limited to just your windows. They make excellent room dividers and can create a soft canopy for a bed. Sheers are also ideal as a wall-to-wall treatment. They create a uniform background that allows light to filter in. This works exceptionally well in rooms with asymmetrical windows as the wall-to-wall sheer curtains can bring everything together.
If that isn’t enough to persuade you to choose sheers for your home, then consider their layering potential. Window sheers are ideal for layering with other window treatments. Whether you accent our roman shades or add a sheer pattern over our solid linen or silk drapery, the potential combinations are endless.
Sheer Drapery Styles
We offer three different styles of sheer curtains at DrapeStyle. Each type has unique features, and our design experts would love to help you choose the perfect style for your home.
- Custom Sheer Drapery - These classic and elegant sheer curtain panels are 100% polyester. Each panel includes bottom weights to give a beautiful drapery look. They are available in white and ivory.
- Custom Sheer Linen Drapes - These sheer drapes are perfect for the summer. Linen is naturally mildew resistant and easy to clean. These sheer shades are available in several shades of white and gold. There are also textured pattern options to add an extra flair to your windows.
- Designer Sheer Collection - What sets these 100% polyester sheers apart are the color options. With our designer collection, you can add elegant drama to your space with golds, silvers, browns, blacks, and reds. The metallic look of these sheers is sure to catch your eye.
Pleat styles can drastically change the look of your sheers. Since our sheer curtains are custom-made in-house, we offer nine different pleat styles to choose from.
- Flat Drapery Pleat - This is the simplest of the pleat styles. The top is kept flat and finished with buckram tape, and then drapery hooks are installed along the back of the panel.
- French Drapery Pleat - Also known as a “Pinch Pleat,” this is our most popular pleat sale. The drapes are gathered into three-finger “flutes” and hung using drapery pins.
- Parisian Drapery Pleat - Like the French Drapery Pleat, these sheers are gathered into three-finger “flutes.” However, these flutes are tacked at the top and hung using drapery hooks.
- Cartridge Drapery Pleat - This pleating style rolls the fabric of the sheer curtains into cylinders along the top. Then a patent-pending device is inserted into the cylinder to keep its circular shape while hung.
- Inverted Pleat - Available in 5 inch or 8 inch this pleat gathers along the back of the curtain instead of the front. The result is smooth stripes of fabric along the top and a narrower pleat running the height of the curtain.
- Grommet Pleat - Featuring your choice of grommet color and finish, this contemporary pleat provides a clean look and easy operation.
- Rod-Pocket Pleat - In this pleated style, a pocket for the drapery rod is formed at the top of the panel. You can also select to add a two-inch flange above the rod pocket.
From sea to shining sea, DrapeStyle is the premier supplier of window treatments across the United States. All our window treatment options are fully customized. The customer selects the color and fabric combinations, chooses the fold and pleat styles, and provides the exact width and height measurements needed. We offer customized silk drapes, linen drapes, cotton drapes, designer drapes, outdoor drapes, sheers, and roman shades. We also carry curtain rods, tassels, tiebacks, and even customized pillows. Lovingly crafted in Maryland, our entire collection is available across the entire United States. Contact us for a consultation and let us help you find the drapes of your dreams.